After having a full size matress on the floor in the boys room for a long time, we thought we'd better move it so no one would get hurt (knocking into the walls or baseboards under the window.) So we brought it downstairs and the boys were doing some pretty amazing tricks as they landed onto the luvsac. They were playing down with a friend and I thought I'd run up and finish the cookies so they could have a treat.
A few minutes later, I heard the biggest bang ever and I ran downstairs to see what had happened and Isaac is screaming, holding his head with Kaleb also screaming with blood all over his mouth!!! Kaleb and Isaac collided as they both jumped onto the luvsac at the same time.
I called my friend, whose boy was over playing and thankfully she rushed right over to help me. I called Eric and he came right home. We put ice on his mouth, comforted Isaac and while holding Aliza (who was also crying) attempted to call some dentists to figure out what to do and where to take him.
Eric ended up taking Kaleb to a dentist in our ward while I stayed home with the other 2 kiddies worried sick-over a tooth-I know. (I can't imagine how parents must feel to see their children suffering everyday with diseases and other things.) I'm grateful it was only his tooth and I'm also grateful I wasn't there with him to see him in such distress.
The dentist is scary enough (no offense), let alone getting numbed up to get a tooth extracted! Kaleb survived and had to get his tooth pulled because it broke off of the root. He repeatedly claimed in a very serious toddler tone that he is "NEVER ever going to go there again!!!"
He was excited that the tooth fairy came and has been carrying his tooth everywhere in his tooth necklace he got from the dentist.
Now he is wondering when his new tooth will come in and we explain that it'll be 3-5 more years! Now he will be toothless in all of his school pictures until then. Hilarious! Each time he looks in the mirror he says, "Hey my tooth isn't there!" But I think he actually likes it now.
What an experience that was! And I'm sure we'll have many more to come.
5 comments:
Wow boys are ruff!! So fun to catch up with you guys...through your blog. Hope all is well!
I was thinking it was too soon for him to already be losing a tooth. So sad! I can't imagine how freaked out you were. Boys will be boys, right?
Glad everything turned out ok.
Awww, Kaleb is cute toothless!
Your kids are getting soooo big! We miss you!
Oh my how awful!! Peyton last year got her tooth knocked out, and I just shoved it back in and it is still there :) i couldn't imagine it if it broke. My experience was bad enough. Glad all is well. Your kiddos are so cute.
I love Kalebs new look! It is crazy how much your three have grown since I last saw you all (sad). What cuties you have.
Post a Comment