So here's how it went for those of you who want to hear details-
We were at home when the tornado hit. We would have been at church, but our ward split so we just had sacrament meeting.
Sunday after lunch we were putting the boys down for a nap and it started to hail-golf ball size and some a bit larger. It was sooo loud. We came out front and were looking out our front window at the hail. Then seconds later the wind was soooo strong. Trees were bending to the ground, all the hail was blowing down the street and the wind switched directions in seconds. That's when we realized we'd better take cover. I took Kaleb downstairs and Eric got Isaac and we waited in the storage room.
I said a prayer with the boys-obviously a bit scared and grateful we were protected thus far. As I was praying, Kaleb added his prayer in and said "I'm grateful for the golf balls and the rain." It was pretty funny.
So we didn't see the tornado coming because our garage blocked our view, but our neighbors got some great pictures that we will have emailed to us shortly. It was so crazy-it happened so fast and it was kind of exciting to have experienced a tornado. Oh how small and powerless we are!!!
Thankfully we are all ok and our home is still standing!
4 comments:
Trent was telling me about all the damage done, so I had to check out your blog and see the pics for myself! We're so glad you guys are okay!
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you guys are okay! That is insane! Call me when you get a minute this week. I'd love to catch up a little. Love ya
Wow. Thanks for the details! That sounds soo scary. And that hail is crazy big. I'm so glad you are all okay! XOXO
JANAE!!! I found you! Sorry to hear about everything to your house! What a bummer, but I am glad that I can finally look at your cute blog!
Post a Comment